This particular craft is inexpensive because you are recycling kitchen jars! Not only is it very colorful, it makes a wonderful warm light. With just tearing and gluing, even kindergarten aged children can help make it.
Here is what you will need:
- Glass jar
- Translucent paper in different colors
- Decoupage glue
- Wash the jars out in hot water and soap to remove any oily or greasy areas.
- Tear the translucent paper in small to medium pieces.
- Use a ready made decoupage glue and apply a generous amount to the dry glass.
- Add one strip at a time starting from the bottom. Once on, apply glue over the strip as well and add the next strip, overlapping a bit over the first strip.
- Continue in this manner until the whole glass is covered.
- Let the glass thoroughly dry and insert a tea light.